We just wanted to share a quick guide on how to ship a car!
When you are deciding to ship your own car or a specific car you should, first of all, organize the following things:
- Pickup Location – you need to know the specific address, state, postal code either as a company or consumer what is the starting location where that car is going to be picked-up – for the auto transport company
- Delivery Location – you need to know the specific address, state, postal code for the final destination which is critical for the auto transport company
- Year of the vehicle – it’s the production year of the vehicle which is important for the driver of the auto transport company to determine the quote
- Make of the vehicle – is it a Mercedes Benz, BMW or any other make? Again important for the driver of the car hauling company to determine the quote
- Model of the vehicle – knowing the model will also be helpful to determine the quote for the auto transport company
- Time of delivery – you need to have in mind an estimated time of delivery for your vehicle so the auto transport company knows how much time they need to take into consideration
- Budget – how many $ are you willing to spend to take your car from pickup to delivery location
You will either contact auto transport brokers that will:
- Find you car haulers for a specific amount of upfront fee before the car was delivered + additional fee after the load(car) was delivered)
- Find you a car hauler for a specific fee after the load (car) is delivered
Search for auto transport broker on different websites like:
- Google – type in auto transport brokers + specific state you’re in
- Yahoo – type in auto transport brokers + specific state you’re in
- Transport Reviews – search for shippers or auto transport brokers and read carefully the quality of the reviews
Either go right away to the car hauler company or auto transport company by searching again on channels like.
- Google – search for auto transport company + specific state or specific state + car shippers
- Yahoo search for auto transport company + specific state specific state + car shippers
- Transport Reviews – be very picky about the quality of reviews by reading the levels of satisfaction of different customers or consumers
- Check their insurance certificate and safety record information on USDOT
- Check their facebook page or social media for more insights
And remember you always have an alternative to just put that information of your car here.
Until next time,